External Air Powered Drives
The movement on air casters can be compared to the movement on ice. It requires quite some force to overcome the initial inertia to start moving heavy objects. Once in motion, controlling and stopping them also requires a lot of power. The rule of thumb with air caster transportation is that above 4 tonnes of weight we recommend having a number of people available to control the load safely, or you can make use of external power drives. External power drives can be connected temporarily to move the objects and then stored again after use.
The attachable air power drive consists of a pneumatic drive motor, pneumatic actuator to connect the coupling and a control bar to control the speed and actuator. We also have power drives available that can be connected and then controlled remotely.
There is a standard type of external power drive available, modifications can be made on request.
- Very ergonomically because no manpower needed
- High reliability
- Low maintenance
- Heavy objects can be operated by one single person
- Plug and play
- The only exhaust gas is compressed air
- Customisation possible to fully meet the requirements
- Connect standard external drives to safely and ergonomically move transportation platforms
- Connect drives to enable remote control of transportation platforms